Lot N: 0221
TORQUATO TAMAGNINI (1886 - 1965)
29 x 46 cm
Marble base. Signed on the back. Dimensions with base: h 64 cm.
After having studied at the Accademia di San Luca in Rome, Tamagnini founded the art house for sculpture "Corinthia" in 1922, through which he created many monuments to the Fallen, including those of Arcevia, Formello, Morlupo and Sacrofano. In 1921 Tamagnini exhibited two portrait sculptures at the 1st Roman Biennale, participating in the first Biennale of Naples in the same year. His bronze "The Inquisitor" (1919) is kept in the Quirinale collections.
Comparative literature: A. Panzetta, "Nuovo dizionario degli scultori italiani", Turin 2003, vol. 2, p. 901.